Alberta Transportation Survey
Please complete survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015AlbertaTransportationProjectSatisfactionSurvey
prior to Wednesday, Nov. 18.
2015/2016 Volunteer Boards
Looking for a way to contribute in the Community?
The Organizational Meeting is on October 27, 2015. Member at large and Council appointments will be made to the various Town Boards:
- Blackfalds & District Recreation, Culture & Parks Board (1 vacancy)
- Economic Development & Tourism Board (0 vacancies)
- Family & Community Support Services Board (1 vacancy)
- Municipal Library Board (4 vacancies)
- Municipal Planning Commission (2 vacancies)
- Subdivision Development & Appeal Board (5 vacancies)
- Policing Committee (4 vacancies + 1 youth rep vacancy)
For details or to apply, visit
or contact the Office of the CAO at 403.885.6248 or email@example.com
Hwy 2A Hwy 597 Roundabout
A modern roundabout is a one-way circular intersection that reduces traffic congestion while maximizing safety for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists. With slower speeds and fewer points of impact, modern roundabouts have been proven to:
» Reduce serious and fatal collisions for all users by up to 80 per cent
» Improve traffic flow because drivers yield rather than stop at a red light
Driving in a Roundabout
Roundabouts are new for many drivers, but following these basic steps will help you safely navigate roundabouts as a motorist or cyclist:
1. As you approach the roundabout, slow down and watch for signs to help you select which lane to be in, based on whether you’re turning right, left or going straight through.
2. Choose your lane and signal, just as you would at a regular intersection.
3. Yield to pedestrians in the entry crosswalk.
4. Look to the left, yield to all traffic, pedestrians and cyclists in the roundabout, and enter when it is safe to do so.
5. Stay in your lane to your exit.
6. Signal right, exit the roundabout and yield to pedestrians in the exit crosswalk.
Please visit Alberta Transportation's roundabout page for more information and resources on roundabouts in Alberta.
2015 Business of the Year Awards
The Town of Blackfalds Economic Development & Tourism Board and the Blackfalds & District Chamber of Commerce proudly present the annual Business of the Year Awards.
The Business Awards Presentation will take place on Friday, October 23 at the Blackfalds Community Hall, 4810 Womacks Rd, starting at 7 pm. The public is invited to come celebrate the award winning businesses, all those who were deservingly nominated and those that will be recognized for their contributions to community recreational groups.
Storm Pond Construction
Storm pond & alleyway construction by Westridge Dr & Westglen Blvd will begin Oct. 15.
Construction is expected to continue into the winter months & includes installation of a storm pump station & associated works along the south bank of Riser Pond & into the alley. The trees located in this area (shown in green) will have to be removed in order to allow for service access from the existing alley.
Access to the alley entrance between 6 Westglen Blvd & 274 Westridge Dr will be limited while construction is underway. The site contractor will liaise with local residents who use this alley to ensure that any disruptions are minimal. Area community members are asked to be aware of construction equipment & to obey all displayed no parking & construction signage.
When this pump station is completed it will monitor & move the storm water from the pond underground into the existing storm system that lies below the nearby roadway.
think before you print