Please visit the COVID-19 webpage for more information and details of the Town of Blackfalds Relaunch Plan.

As accepted by Council, there will be no penalties for unpaid taxes until after December 31,2021.

The 2021 combined Assessment & Tax Notices will be mailed out the first week of May and are due by June 30, 2021.

If you have not received your tax notice by May 31, 2021, please contact the Town Office at 403.885.4677 to request that another copy be sent out to you.

How to Pay Your Property Taxes

Due to current Provincial health restrictions no in-person payments will be accepted at this time.

  • Call 403.885.4677 and pay with Visa or Mastercard
  • After hours in the drop-box at the Town Office (No cash please)
  • Mail with envelope postmarked by Canada Post no later than June 30, 2021.
  • On-line or directly at your bank using “Town of Blackfalds Taxes” as your payee.
    **Please include your 6-digit Tax Roll Number located on your Tax Notice.

We accept Visa, Mastercard, debit, cheque, or cash.

New Home Owner?

If you have recently purchased a new home, construction of which started after January 1 of the current year, you may be subject to a re-assessment and a supplementary assessment.

Make Budgeting Easier with the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)

Sign up for TIPP by May 31, 2021 to have your annual property tax divided into equal monthly payments!

Simply complete the Pre-Authorization Form and attach a void cheque or account authorization form from your financial institution. Your annual taxes will be divided by the remaining months of the year and the monthly payment will be deducted from your account on the last business day of each month.

Already on TIPP? The amount withdrawn from your account will be adjusted to reflect the actual 2021 tax levy.
Receipts will only be issued upon request.

See the 2021 Assessment Roll

Related Links

Assessment Appeal Form

  • use this form if you wish to appeal your property tax assessment

Composite Assessment Review Board Appeal Timelines

  • timelines for board that reviews appeals for properties with a maximum of 3 dwellings or farm land

Assessment Complaint Withdrawal Form

  • Use this form to withdraw a complaint

Local Assessment Review Board Appeal Timelines

  • timelines for board that reviews appeals for properties with 4+ dwellings or non-residential property

Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program

  • eligible senior home owners may defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Alberta government.

School Support Declaration

  • use this form to designate the school division that receives the education tax portion of your property taxes