Please visit the COVID-19 webpage for more information and details of the Town of Blackfalds Relaunch Plan.
The 2021 combined Assessment & Tax Notices will be mailed out the first week of May and are due by June 30, 2021.
If you did not receive your tax notice by May 31, 2021, please contact the Town Office at 403.885.4677 to request that another copy be sent out to you.
How to Pay Your Property Taxes
- Over the Phone by Visa or Mastercard
- After hours in the drop-box at the Town Office (No cash please)
- Mail with envelope postmarked by Canada Post no later than June 30, 2021.
- On-line or directly at your bank using “Town of Blackfalds Taxes” as your payee.
**Please include your 6-digit Tax Roll Number located on your Tax Notice.
New Home Owner?
If you have recently purchased a new home, construction of which started after January 1 of the current year, you may be subject to a re-assessment and a supplementary assessment.
Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
Residents are invited to sign up for the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP), which provides up to a full year to pay property taxes.
Simply complete the Pre-Authorization Form and attach a void cheque or account authorization form from your financial institution. Your annual taxes will be divided by the remaining months of the year and the monthly payment will be deducted from your account on the last business day of each month.
See the 2021 Assessment Roll
- use this form if you wish to appeal your property tax assessment
- timelines for board that reviews appeals for properties with a maximum of 3 dwellings or farm land
- Use this form to withdraw a complaint
- timelines for board that reviews appeals for properties with 4+ dwellings or non-residential property
- eligible senior home owners may defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Alberta government.
- use this form to designate the school division that receives the education tax portion of your property taxes