The Town’s top priority is the health, safety and well-being of the public and our employees, especially those who are most vulnerable. The COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as it becomes available.
- The Town municipal office will be closed to the public starting Monday, November 30. Access is available by appointment only and a drop-off box is available at the front entrance for required payments.
- The Centre’s lobby will remain open as Library’s current operation meets provincial requirements.
- If you are entering the building by appointment, please refer to Bylaw 1253.20 as face coverings are now mandatory in the facility.
Follow us on our news blog or social media.
See the Coronavirus Information page for more info.
For a quick reference of government roles at every level during the pandemic, see the Government Roles & Responsibilities Quick Guide here.
Administration is comprised of the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer and Corporate Services. The functions of these departments include:
Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- support of Mayor & Council
- general oversight of the organization
- support for Council Boards & Committees
- administering policy and bylaw development
- supporting appeals and access and privacy requests
- administering municipal elections and annual census
- providing customer service
- administering financial & purchasing processes
- providing information management & technology solutions
- administering property taxes
- providing utility registration and billing
- administering licensing
- administering the cemetery