Update March 23, 2020:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Town of Blackfalds facilities are closed until May 15, 2020.
The Cottonwood Meadows Running Track is a 152m, 4-lane track that is located on the 3rd floor of the Abbey Centre overlooking the Field House below. Access to the running track is part of your membership or daily admission.
The track is a great retreat from the elements during the cold winter months as well as on wet summer days, and provides a rubber running surface that is easy on the joints.
There are mats and plenty of spaces surrounding the track for stretching including an abdominal work out area. The “Ab” area has decline benches, a flat bench, and an abdominal bench, as well as bosu, medicine and exercise balls, toners, TRX bands and battle ropes. There are spin cycles on the opposite corner of the track and provide a low-impact, high-intensity cardiovascular workout that builds both strength and endurance.
|Distance||Grey Inside Lane
446 ft or
|1st Inside Red Lane
463 ft or
|2nd Red Lane
482 ft or
500 ft or
|1 km||7.4 laps||7.1 laps||6.8 laps||6.6 laps|
|3 km||22.2 laps||21.3 laps||20.4 laps||19.8 laps|
|5 km||37 laps||35.5 laps||34 laps||33 laps|
|10 km||74 laps||71 laps||68 laps||66 laps|
Track Etiquette & Rules
While using the track, please use proper track etiquette:
• Lane use is SINGLE FILE only
• Right of way is given to faster users by calling “PASS” to slower users, when the faster user will pass on the INSIDE.
• Slower users must keep to the outside lanes of the track
• Youth 12 - 17 years of age are only permitted on the track after completing a Fitness Centre Orientation. 12 - 13 year olds must be in close proximity of their supervisor.
• Children 6 - 11 years of age are not permitted on the track.
• Parents can access the track with small children 0 - 5 years of age provided the children remain in their strollers.
• Only non-marking indoor running shoes are permitted on the track.
• Strollers, walking aids, wheelchairs and other personal assistance devices must be free of dirt and debris before accessing the track.
• No food or beverages (except plastic water bottles) are permitted.
Strollers are allowed on the Running Track between 9 am and 5 pm.