Outdoor Aquatic Centre
Open for the Summer Season May 18 - September 3, 2018
The McKay Ranch Aquatic Centre is ready to welcome you for a summer of adventure, discovery and fun in the sun!
The aquatic centre features a children’s water park with a slide, giant tipping buckets and lots of spray features. Families & friends can also enjoy the leisure pool with a zero depth entrance, the tots area, and 2 water slides. Lane swimmers and divers can take advantage of the 4-lane Jr. Olympic pool (25m) with a 1 metre diving board and 10 ft. rock wall and all are welcome to relax in the 26-person hot tub.
See more details, swim lessons and pool schedules.
The outdoor aquatic centre will be closed until 12 pm on Saturday, July 7 for the Super Kids Triathlon.
Conditions of Use
- Children 7 and under must be supervised by a responsible person at all times, the supervisor must be swim ready and be within arms reach
- Supervisor 13 + years max. 4 children.
- Spectators can be provided a white supervisory wristband at no charge which allows them to be on the pool deck but not in the pools
- Young children, 35 months and under, and anyone who is incontinent must wear protective, water-resistant swimwear
- Any person with a communicable disease or infection is not permitted to use the Aquatic Centre
- Food, beverage (except water) or chewing gum is NOT permitted around the pool deck. Outside food may be brought to the Aquatics Centre but must be consumed in the designated eating area outside of the concession
When Thunder Roars, Move Indoors!
We want you and your family safe during thunderstorms!
Due to its random and unpredictable nature, preparedness and quick responses are the best defenses towards the lightning hazard. Swimming pools are connected to a much larger surface area via underground water pipes, gas lines, electric and telephone wiring, etc. Lightning strikes to the ground anywhere on this metallic network may induce shocks elsewhere. And where there's thunder, there is lightning!
So WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INDOORS!
Aquatics staff must have a 30 minute continuous all clear before operations can resume. Please keep an eye out for signage posted by Guest Services for any ongoing weather advisories.
Aquatic Centre Photo Gallery