Outdoor Aquatic Centre
The McKay Ranch Aquatic Centre is ready to welcome you to a summer of adventure, discovery and fun in the sun!
The Summer Season starts May 21 until September 6, 2021
(opening day tentative).
The McKay Ranch Outdoor Aquatic Centre features a children’s water park with a slide, giant tipping buckets and lots of spray features. Families & friends can also enjoy the leisure pool with a zero depth entrance, the tots area, and 2 water slides. Lane swimmers and divers can take advantage of the 4-lane Jr. Olympic pool (25m) with a 1 metre diving board and 10 ft. rock wall and all are welcome to relax in the 26-person hot tub and when its time for a rest, enjoy our food services that serves out onto the eating area poolside.
Swim Lessons & Programs
Please be aware that the Camp Curious and Aquatic Lesson registration originally scheduled for May 1, 2021 will be postponed.
The new registration date will be announced based on COVID-19 restrictions in the coming weeks.
If you have questions, please contact Guest Services at email@example.com.
For more information on Red Cross Swim programs please see the Spring & Summer 2021 Program & Activity Guide.
To register online.
Conditions of Use
- Children 7 and under must be supervised by a responsible person at all times, the supervisor must be swim ready and be within arms reach
- Supervisor 13 + years max. 4 children.
- Spectators can be provided a white supervisory wristband at no charge which allows them to be on the pool deck but not in the pools
- Young children, 35 months and under, and anyone who is incontinent must wear protective, water-resistant swimwear
- Any person with a communicable disease or infection is not permitted to use the Aquatic Centre
- Food, beverage (except water) or chewing gum is NOT permitted around the pool deck. Outside food may be brought to the Aquatics Centre but must be consumed in the designated eating area outside of the concession
Water Slide Guidelines
- Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult or supervisor at/on the slide.
- If the child is under 48" they may not ride the slides alone, they have to go down with an adult or supervisor.
- If the child is able to go down the slide on their own, the adult/supervisor must wait at the bottom of the slide to catch their child.
- Unless accompanied by a supervisor/adult, only one person at a time is permitted on the slide.
- Parents can only slide down with one child at a time. In the case of two children, the parent should slide with the littlest child first, and wait for the older child to slide down to be caught.
- Please look before you slide and always slide feet first. No running or launching onto the slide.
- Please wait until the person in front of you exits the slide drop area before going down the slide.
- When sliding down the green slide, exit to the left; exit to the right when sliding down the purple slide.
- Toys, PFD's or water wings are not allowed on the water slides.
When Thunder Roars, Move Indoors!
We want you and your family safe during thunderstorms!
Due to its random and unpredictable nature, preparedness and quick responses are the best defenses towards the lightning hazard. Swimming pools are connected to a much larger surface area via underground water pipes, gas lines, electric and telephone wiring, etc. Lightning strikes to the ground anywhere on this metallic network may induce shocks elsewhere. And where there's thunder, there is lightning!
So WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INDOORS!
Aquatics staff must have a 30 minute continuous all clear before operations can resume. Please keep an eye out for signage posted by Guest Services for any ongoing weather advisories.
Aquatic Centre Photo Gallery