Only minutes from Red Deer and Lacombe, Blackfalds is vibrant and youthful with many family-friendly, award winning recreational amenities.
Check out the Abbey Centre, a cultural and recreational gem, where your whole family can have fun year-round:
• Play in the outdoor aquatic centre with pool, water-slides and splash park
• Explore the 3-story indoor play space
• Blow off steam with a fun court game in the field house
• Experience the country’s only indoor section of the Great Trail (formerly Trans Canada Trail)
• Enjoy live performances in the outdoor amphitheatre
Your invitation to family fun has just begun! Be our guest:
• Give the new Bike Skills Park and Skateboard Plaza a spin.
• Skate at an indoor or outdoor rink or pond
• Cool off at the Tayles Water Spray Park
• Play ball or soccer at All-Star Park
• Discover local history at the Wadey Visitor Centre
Join in the fun of a local event: Winterfest (Family Day), Blackfalds Days (third weekend in June), Canada Day celebrations, Family Fun Fest (late September), and Light Up Blackfalds (late November).
With so much to see and do in Blackfalds and surrounding area, including golfing, fishing, bird watching or a day at the spa, we hope you’ll choose to stay a while! Experience “home away from home” during your visit at the Microtel Inn & Suites and enjoy the hospitality and exceptional service of local restaurants and merchants.
Start planning your next family friendly experience now!