Town of Blackfalds hosts Community Expo and Welcomes Input on Citizen Budget
Blackfalds, Alberta (September 6, 2018) – The Town of Blackfalds is excited to host numerous groups, businesses and activities at our Annual Community Expo on September 10 at the Abbey Centre Field House. As an added feature, Town staff and Council will be on site to give citizens the opportunity to have their say on the Town budget and participate in the Citizen Budget survey.
This is a great opportunity for our residents to have their say in how their tax dollars should be spent and also to connect with key service groups in our community,” states Myron Thompson, CAO for the Town of Blackfalds.
Don't miss the opportunity to meet with various Blackfalds community groups, get information about services and register for the programs they offer. Learn more about:
- Sports and fitness programs, dance, scouts and more!
- Volunteers/Committee Members Recruitment
- Upcoming events and fundraisers
Plus: Be the first to get your tickets for Monster Bash and Breakfast & Lunch with Santa. Limited to first 50 tickets!
Organizations currently attending are:
- 1st Blackfalds Scouts
- Alzheimer Society Alberta and Northwest Territories
- Blackfalds Cheemo Seniors Club
- Blackfalds Public Library
- Blackfalds Skate Club
- Blackfalds Food Bank
- Blackfalds Parent Link
- Blackfalds Pathfinders
- Central Alberta Victim & Witness Support
- Dancer's Edge
- Dual Ice Development Society
- Kids 3 Daycare
- Lacombe Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Red Deer Fencing Club with demonstrations
- Soroptimists International of Central Alberta
- Town of Blackfalds Council and Budget Open House
- Town of Blackfalds Fitness and Arts & Culture programs
- Town of Blackfalds FCSS Volunteerism, FCSS and Youth programs
- Optimist Club of Blackfalds
Please visit our website, www.blackfalds.com/events, for the most up-to-date list of vendors.
For additional information, please contact:
For more information:
Chief Administrative Officer