Residents invited to Public Hearing on Bylaw 1232/19 and speed reduction in the community.
Blackfalds Alberta (February 25, 2019) - Town Council will hold a Public Hearing in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Office, 5018 Waghorn Street, in Blackfalds on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 commencing at 7:00 p.m. for the purpose of receiving comments from any interested parties on the proposed changes to the Traffic Bylaw 1232/19.
The proposed changes to Traffic Bylaw 1232/19 will include, but are not limited to;
- Changes to the definitions
- Corrections to verbiage and punctuation
- Expansion of Part 4 - Parking within the Town
- Change to Part 5 – Speed Limit to 40 km/hr unless otherwise posted
- Change to Playground Zone Speed Limit times from 8:30 am to 1 hour after sunset to now be; 7:30 am to 9:00 pm to be consistent with other municipalities and easier to patrol
- On School days, School Zones will be the same as Playground Zones
- Addition to Part 9.8 noting that the costs incurred by the Town for the clearing of sidewalks now being added to the tax roll if unpaid
- Part 12 – Prosecution of Offences has been updated to proper legalized terms
- Schedule “A” Penalties has been reviewed
- Schedule “A” also has had any portions of the fines schedule removed where they are better enforced under the Traffic Safety Act.
Any person present at the Public Hearing wishing to make a presentation will be given the opportunity to do so. If unable to attend the Hearing, a person can submit written comments to the Town Office. Such comments must be received by the Town no later than 3:00 p.m. on the day of the Hearing.
For further information please contact the Town Office at (403) 885-4677 or email@example.com