New Covid-19 Health Measures and Facility Closures
Blackfalds, Alberta (November 26, 2020) – In response to the Provincial Government’s state of public health emergency, new mandatory measures will be implemented starting Monday, November 30, 2020.
As per Bylaw 1253.20, the public is now required to wear a face-covering in all municipal facilities. Additionally, face coverings will be mandatory in all indoor public spaces, which includes all places of business and public transportation.
To reinforce these measures, the Town will be closing some of their facilities to the public, with the following conditions for each:
Effective Friday, Nov. 27
- The mandatory face-covering bylaw will be in effect Nov. 30 at the Abbey Centre. Complimentary non-medical masks are available at Guest Services for a limited time for those who do not bring their own.
- Face shields will be available for purchase, while quantities last, for those who are not able to wear a face covering.
- The Border Paving Fitness Centre remains open.
- Members and guests are asked to wear a face-covering throughout the facility and are permitted to remove the covering while working out.
- Users must sanitize all equipment before and after use.
- All registered and drop-in programs are cancelled.
- All individual and team sports in the Field House will be cancelled.
- The maximum capacity will remain at 200, which is well below the 25 per cent building capacity recommendations.
Civic Cultural Centre:
- The Town municipal office will be closed to the public starting Monday, November 30. Access is available by appointment only and a drop-off box is available at the front entrance for required payments.
- The Centre’s lobby will remain open as Library’s current operation meets provincial requirements.
- If you are entering the building by appointment, please refer to Bylaw 1253.20 as face coverings are now mandatory in the facility.
Eagle Builders Centre (Existing Multi-Plex Arena):
- Effective Friday, November 27, the arena will be closed to the public. Team sports and practices will not be permitted until the regulations are reevaluated.
- The FCSS office will remain open to the public and visitors are asked to follow the safety measures in place, wear a mask and stay 6 ft. apart from staff and other patrons.
- In-person youth programs will be moved online/virtually and will be re-assessed on Dec. 18. Follow the Blackfalds Youth Crew FB page for virtual opportunities!
- The Community Centre is closed to the public and all facility bookings are cancelled. Church services are considered places of worship and may continue at 1/3 capacity, and is based on total seating, not facility space.
If you are feeling unwell, start experiencing a fever or cough, even if it is mild, please:
- Self-isolate yourself immediately and call 8-1-1.
- Do not go to emergency, medical clinic or your doctor’s office.
- Health Link officials at 8-1-1 will arrange testing.
Stay up to date by visiting the blackfalds.com/COVID-19 webpage or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Emergency Management and Protective Services Manager
Chief Administrative Officer