Blackfalds’ Municipal Facilities to Close for the Second Time in 2020
Blackfalds, Alberta (December 10, 2020) - In response to the Province of Alberta COVID-19 Update 154 on Tuesday, Dec. 8, 5:00 p.m., the Town of Blackfalds will be following the province’s measures which come into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 13, and will take us through the holiday season and at least two weeks into 2021.
Therefore, the following adjustments will be made to operations/services:
- Abbey Centre will be closed as of Saturday, December 12 at 10 p.m.
- Effective Monday, December 14, the Civic Cultural Centre incl. the municipal office and Blackfalds Public Library will be closed to the public.
- You can contact staff by phone, social media platforms and/or email. For any inquiries regarding utilities, taxes, business licenses, or other town services, please visit blackfalds.com. We also have the following forms online for your convenience:
- The Civic Centre has a drop-box available at the front doors.
- Planning and Development applications are available online and appointments may be set up in regards to permitting by contacting Planning and Development via email or at 403.885.9679.
- For your protection and that of our staff, we ask that you please refrain from coming to the Town office in-person.
- Effective Monday December 14, the Operations Centre, the Wadey Centre and the Community Centre will be closed to the public.
- Family and Community Support Services will remain open. Members of the public are encouraged to contact staff via phone (403.600.9066) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) first, if possible.
- Multi-Plex Arena remains closed.
- As of Tuesday, December 8, BOLT occupancy has been reduced to a max. of 4 riders
- Users are encouraged to purchases BOLT tickets electronically, however, if physical tickets are needed, they will be available for purchase at the FCSS office exclusively.
- Parks and playgrounds including the outdoor rinks will remain open, although we would like to remind residents that use of these outdoor public spaces are at their own risk.
- For the outdoor rinks, we ask that you share the ice with others and that there are no more than 10 people using the arena at one time.
The Town’s top priority is the health, safety and well-being of the public and our employees, especially those who are most vulnerable. Stay up to date by visiting the blackfalds.com/COVID-19 webpage or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information:
Emergency Management & Protective Services Manager
Chief Administrative Officer