Advance Vote – October 4 2017
An Advance Vote was held on October 4th 2017 in Council Chambers at 5018 Waghorn Street from 10:00am to 8:00pm.
This Advance Vote was properly conducted within the legislative procedures laid out under the Local Authorities Elections Act and within the Towns Municipal Election Bylaw 1160.13 and municipal election procedures. The Electronic Tabulation system functioned correctly and all votes cast for Town Council were valid in accordance to the Local Authorities Elections Act.
Red Deer Catholic Regional School also conducted an advance vote on October 4 2017, by paper ballot, for the Red Deer Area Catholic School Board Trustees.
An advance vote for Wolf Creek Public School Trustees and Lacombe County Council took place for Lacombe County residents on October 2nd at Rainy Creek Hall, Lacombe County Office and Alix Community Hall.
Eligible voters residing in Blackfalds have 2 more opportunities to cast their vote:
1. October 14 2017: Advance Vote from 10:00am to 8:00pm in Council Chambers at 5018 Waghorn Street. This will be for Blackfalds Town Council, Wolf Creek Public School Ward 5 Trustees and Red Deer Area Catholic Regional School Trustees.
2. October 16 2017: Election Day from 10:00am to 8:00pm at the Blackfalds Community Centre, located at 4810 Womacks Road, for the following election authorities:
• Town of Blackfalds - Council (6) and Mayor (1) - by electronic tabulation
• Wolf Creek Public School - Ward 5 Trustee (2) – by electronic tabulation
• Red Deer Catholic Regional School Trustee (5) – by paper ballot
• Lacombe County Council Division 5 (1) – by paper ballot
Election questions for the Town of Blackfalds may be directed to email@example.com