Due to public health measures
the Town municipal office (Civic Cultural Centre) remains closed
until further notice
The Civic Cultural Centre incl. the municipal office and Blackfalds Public Library will be closed to the public.
- You can contact staff by phone, social media platforms and/or email. For any inquiries regarding utilities, taxes, business licenses, or other town services, please visit blackfalds.com. We also have the following forms online for your convenience:
- The Civic Centre has a drop-box available at the front doors.
- Planning and Development applications are available online and appointments may be set up in regards to permitting by contacting Planning and Development via email or at 403.885.9679.
- For your protection and that of our staff, we ask that you please refrain from coming to the Town office in-person.
Please visit the COVID-19 webpage for more information.
In a time of a pandemic, it may not be clear what Municipal, Provincial and Federal roles and responsibilities are. The Town is following the guidelines put forward by Alberta Health Services (AHS) and the Province of Alberta.
For a quick reference of government roles at every level, see the Government Roles & Responsibilities Quick Guide here.
The Town of Blackfalds is governed by Town Council, managed by the Chief Administrative Officer is in charge of staff in the following departments:
- Community Services
- Economic Development
- Family & Community Support Services
- Marketing & Communication
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Works
The Town of Blackfalds also has a number of Boards & Committees whose members provide advice to the respective administrative areas on projects being undertaken by the Town.