The Town of Blackfalds collects your waste every Tuesday through Friday of each week depending upon location using a private contractor (Can Pak Environmental Inc. 403-341-9300). A schedule of pickup dates is above or can be picked up at the Town Office. If you have questions on garbage pickup, you can call the office at 403-885-4677.
To ensure that your garbage is picked up, it must be out by 7 am on your scheduled pick-up day. Check the schedule above for more information on pick up days.
Garbage is picked up on all statutory holidays with the exception of Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Garbage must be properly contained between collection times.
- Only garbage contained inside the black cart will be emptied. Extra bags outside of the cart WILL NOT be collected.
- The blue recycling carts will be collected on the same day as your black garbage cart.
- Please ensure that both carts are pulled back onto your property at the end of your collection day.
- If your waste wasn't collected, please check your cart for a green waste violation sticker. The sticker should explain why your cart was not emptied.
think before you print