5016 Waghorn Street
“Investing in people, our most valuable resource.”
Blackfalds Family and Community Support Services is a part of the Blackfalds Community Services Department. FCSS is a partnership with the Provincial Governement enabling the Town to access provincial funding for FCSS purposes.
- A community’s most valuable resources are its people. Investments made in developing and supporting people pay dividends in all areas of community life.
- We can make valuable contributions to our communities, and communities need the contributions of all of us.
- Volunteerism is inherently valuable, in that it allows us, as citizens, to contribute directly to our community, which in turn is linked to positive outcomes for volunteers.
- Partnerships are fundamental to community building.
- Municipalities and Metis Settlements can support individuals, programs, families and communities by providing well designed preventive programs.
- Each municipality and Metis Settlement has unique programming needs and is best able to determine what those needs are.
The Blackfalds Family and Community Support Services Board is an advisory board to Town Council made up of local volunteers. If you are interested in becoming involved in Blackfalds FCSS please phone 403-885-6247 or visit the FCSS Office to fill out a volunteer application form.
The Good Food Box Program "Healthy Food for Everyone" This is a bin of good quality vegetables and fruit purchased from Blackfalds Family Foods. The program goal is to encourage people to eat more of these healthy foods at an affordable price. Large order $25 Small order $12.50. Call FCSS for more information or to sign up.
Blackfalds Parent Link
Blackfalds Parent Link runs as a drop in program out of the Banquet Room every Monday and Wednesday morning from 9:30 - 11:00 am.
SOCIAL NEEDS ASSESSMENT - Click HERE to review the Town of Blackfalds Family and Community Support Services "Social Needs Assessment Plan".
think before you print